My name is Amy and I’m so thankful you stopped by to look around. In this space you will find all kinds of talk about homeschooling, homemaking, a love for traditions and how to orchestrate them in your own home and probably even some chatter about delicious food.
I’ve been married to my very best friend for eleven years now and we have three kids ages 4, 6 and 7 years old. We have two boys and a girl.
I am a registered nurse turned stay-at-home mom. And I love it!
I started homeschooling my oldest his kindergarten year and have grown into schooling more as each child grows older.
How Did I End Up Homeschooling?
I never wanted to homeschool and had even begun the process of registering for kindergarten in our public school when I just started having so many questions and began wrestling with what I really wanted.
I prayed and took my ideas and questions to my husband. After months of healthy, respectful debate and a whole lot of prayer, we decided to give homeschool a go and see what happened.
What happened was we fell in love with it. Honestly, we fell in love with it for reasons we didn’t even have on our pro/con list when we were trying to decide whether to commit or not.
(yes…you read that right…I am, indeed, a pro/con list girl and I’m not sorry. They help me look at the big picture ha!)
I always loved nursing and some days like to think of all the smart things I used to do, but right now I’m doing what I would do if I could do anything.
What Else Do I Love?
Pouring into every detail of the lives of my children and creating a home that you don’t just see but feel is so life-giving to me.
In addition to schooling these kids, I’m wildly passionate about cooking great food and finding ways to enjoy and celebrate everyday life. I aim to instill those deep connections that come through traditions all while trying to keep it simple.
I want my home to always feel like home to my kids and anyone who ever steps foot through the door.
Home is my favorite ministry.
For that reason, I decided I might have a thing or two that could inspire or encourage other mom’s trying to navigate managing it all.
I hope that you will stick around, get to be known here and let me refresh you as you pour yourself out serving the people in your own world.
FUN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ME:
- I ran track in college. I went to a small, private university in Abilene, Tx called McMurry (Ala Cumba!) I ran for them for a year. I ran the open 400m, 400m hurdles and the mile relay.
- I hate making unprotected left turns while driving.
- I love good food. I believe good cooking is an art and I love to learn new things that just blow you away.
- I still have a passion for health and wellness deeply rooted in me.
- I actually started grad school before feeling led to homeschool. I finished the first year and then realized that while I absolutely loved it (as much as you can love that type of thing) it just didn’t fit with how I saw my family thriving.
- I’ve loved to write for as long as I can remember.
- I hate wind. Not just outside windy wind but also ceiling fans and car ac vents. It just feels so aggressive.
- I love books. Like I really really love books. If I was ever to hoard a thing, it would be books. Good books are just such treasures. I love to read to learn and am always reading about homeschooling, parenting and those types of things. I’ve recently made myself start getting into reading fiction just for the enjoyment of it. And obviously with homeschooling, excellent children’s books are so special to me too.